WHAT IS ISO 50001?
ISO 50001 replaces BS EN 16001 and is the international standard for Energy Management providing the most robust framework for optimizing energy efficiency in public and private sector organizations.
Certification to this standard demonstrates an organizationâ€™s commitment to continual improvement in energy management, allowing them to lead by example within their respective industries and ensure related legislative and regulatory requirements are met.
Organizations are not able to control energy prices, national country policy or the global economy, however, an organization can improve the way they manage energy.
specifies requirements for an Energy Management System to enable organization to develop and implement a policy, controls for identified significant areas of energy consumption and energy reductions. It resets the best practices in energy management upon existing national standards and initiatives.
Improving energy performance can provide benefits for an organization by maximizing the use of energy sources and energy related assets. The objective being to reduce both energy costs and consumption.
The objective of ISO 50001 is to provide organizations with a framework for integrating energy performance into their everyday management practices. International organizations will have access to an internationally harmonized standard for implementation across the organization with a consistent methodology for identifying and implementing improvements.
BENEFITS OF ISO 50001 CERTIFICATION
- Reduced operating costs. Significant financial savings can be achieved through increased energy efficiency.
- Assist in making better use for their existing energy consuming assets
- Facilitate communication the management for energy resources
- Assist evaluating and prioritizing the implementing new energy efficient technologies
- Facilitate energy management improvements for greenhouse gas emission reduction projects
- A structured approach identify, measure and manage energy consumption
- Improve organizations image with customers, partners, and the public
- Comply with statutory and regulatory requirements
- Proven business credentials. Independent verification against recognized standards speaks volumes and enhances your brand.
- Ability win more business. Procurement specifications require certificating as a condition the supply, certificating is essential.
Who is ISO 50001 applicable to?
Organisations of all types and sizes can benefit from energy and cost efficiency through the implementation of this standard, as certification to this standard defines an organisations commitment to continual improvement in energy management.